Big Give, the UK’s leading match fund platform, is launching its inaugural Arts for Impact campaign in partnership with New Philanthropy for Arts & Culture (NPAC), a network of arts supporters who are passionate about increasing philanthropic support of the arts and culture sector. The Arts for Impact campaign is aimed at supporting arts and culture charities working to achieve societal impact across the UK.
The campaign aims to raise £2 million for the sector over a period of 7 days between the 19th - 26th March 2024. Applications from charities interested in participating are open now until Friday December 15th 2023.
The campaign will see the public’s generosity multiplied, as donations to the participating charities will be doubled by the Big Give’s Arts for Impact match fund, which has been supported by generous ‘champions’, typically philanthropists, foundations or companies. Charities can apply for three tiers of match funding - £2,500, £5,000, or £10,000. The fund includes donations targeted at specific geographical locations around the UK, which NPAC and its partners have identified as needing particular support. For full details on the eligibility criteria for this campaign, please visit the Arts for Impact page via this link: https://biggive.org/artsforimpact/.
The application window to participate in the campaign is open for charities from today until Friday, 15 December. We greatly encourage charities to apply soon to take advantage of this great doubling donation opportunity.
Charity Eligibility Criteria
- UK-registered charity with a Charity Commission, OSCR or NI Charity Commission number, or tax-exempt status
- Have an annual income of at least £25,000 (as per last filed accounts on the Charity Commission).
- Charities seeking to raise either £2,500, £5,000 or £10,000 in public donations (to be doubled by the match funds).
- Charities where work is focused in the UK.
- Charities which are registered on BigGive.org (free to register)
- Arts and culture charities that have arts and culture as their core misson and are looking for funds to support transformational impact for the people engaging with the charity.
- By “core mission”, we mean that the arts and culture is mentioned in the organisation’s charitable objects. This may include (but is not limited to) theatres, dance troupes, choirs, orchestras, arts centres, galleries, museums, arts festivals and arts-based community groups.
- Transformational social impact may include (but is not limited to) improved health and wellbeing, improved education, improved mental health, social cohesion and welfare. Charities will be asked to demonstrate the social impact of their work in the application, and to set out how they would propose to use any funds allocated to them from the NPAC/Big Give Matched fund.
Charity Application Process
- Log in or sign up
- Once you have access to our charity portal, head to ‘Big Give Campaigns’
- Click on Apply now for Arts For Impact
2024 Campaign Timeline
- October 2nd 2023: Applications open
- December 15th 2023: Applications close
- January 29th 2024: Offer deadline
- March 19th – 26th (midday) 2024: Campaign