Are you a Charity or a Voluntary, Community or Faith group based in Cheshire East or are serving the community of Cheshire East?
If so, you may be able to benefit from the range of services offered by CVS Cheshire East.
We do offer help to any voluntary & community group, but members will receive a priority service. Membership is free and will allow you to receive regular newsletters, funding supplements and information on networking events in Cheshire East. Plus reduced rates on some of our chargeable services. Being a member of CVS also gives you free membership to Congress, where you will receive regular updates from our sector reps and be able to have a voice throughout our networks. Click here to read more.
Benefits of our free Membership:
- Regular newsletters, e-bulletins and funding supplements
- Reduced rate tailored training, designed specifically for your needs
- Reduced charge for our payroll service
- Free in-house support and advice including professional guidance on Charity Law and Registration, Employment Law, Equality & Diversity, Constitutions, best practice and how to set up a new group
- Reduced charge of our office services including photocopying, printing and equipment hire
- Reduced rate of meeting room hire
- Free advertising and articles within the newsletter, except for chargeable services
- Promotion of your group on our website Group Search facility
- Being first to know of relevant training and priority booking service
- A free Grantfinder search
- An email bulletin service
- Information on Congress and Network meetings
- Help and advice with DBS (formerly CRB) checks
- Being able to re-claim tax on donations via our Umbrella Gift Aid Scheme
Affiliated members will also receive notice of all General meetings, be invited to attend and will have voting rights
Who can join?
There are 2 types of membership, both of which are free. Members must support the objects and purposes of CVS Cheshire East and must not be party political in their aims.
Affiliated members must be Voluntary, Community or Charity based and must be located and operate within Cheshire East. They must also be interested in the governance and management of CVS Cheshire East and are willing to take part in the AGM. See full details here.
Associate members are individuals or organisations who wish to receive only general information or use services on an occasional basis and who do not wish to participate in the governance of CVS Cheshire East.
These are also groups that are based outside of the Cheshire East Unitary Authority area but who provide key services within Cheshire East. See full details here.
To become a member:
- Complete the online form here or email email@example.com to request a hard copy
- Once we have received your completed application, we will write to confirm that you have become a member of CVS Cheshire East giving details of the benefits and our services